The Acatenango Overnight is an adventure tour hiking and camping in Acatenango to enjoy the eruptions of the active neighbor Fuego volcano
Let us know; we can personalize
the trip to suit your needs!
- Highlights: Antigua Guatemala – Fire Volcano – Acatenango Volcano
- Activities: Hiking
- Difficulty: Hard
- Holiday Type: Set Departure – Tailor-made
- You will visit: Acatenango Volcano
- Trip Style: Couples – Small Groups – Families
- Comfort level: Standard
- Transportation: Minibus – SUV
- Length: 1 Days / 2 Nights
- Physical demand: Trip may include activities like walks
- Group size: Minimum 1
- Pick up / Drop off locations: Antigua Guatemala
- Day 1 – Antigua Guatemala – Acatenango
- Day 2 – Acatenango – Antigua Guatemala
Today the hike starts at 08:00 am with the transfer from Antigua to La Soledad Village. You should eat breakfast beforehand and we highly recommend to pack snacks for the road.
This volcano its 3,975 mts. Above sea level, located between Chimaltenango and Sacatepequez. During the route you will observe how the microclimates and terrain change around you while you are approaching to the camp. This day you will go through the local farms fields, followed by cloud forests with a rich biodiversity of flora and fauna. Upon arrival, if you are lucky enough and have a clear sky, you will be able to enjoy the amazing views of the neighboring volcanoes such as Atitlan, Toliman, San Pedro, Santa Maria, Santo Tomas and Tajumulco.
After an early breakfast get ready for the toughest part of the hike, you will walk for about 45 minutes ascending to the summit. This trail is a combination of sand and stones. At the summit the group will rest and enjoy of the breathtaking views of the Guatemalan Highlands. After 45 minutes at the top start the descent back to La Soledad, where our team will be waiting for the transfer to Antigua Guatemala, arrival around noon.